Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I admit: I am a denier

Yes it is true I am a denier so sue me. Until there is proof positive that humans are contributing to the changes in the environment then I don't buy what the scientists are selling. The fact is the world is a living organism that is constantly changing. The world has at various points in its life been covered in ice just to have the ice melt away. The climate changes, get used to it, this is nothing new.

The issue that I have been pondering lately is why is there so much focus on climate change today. The answer is simple, money. How do scientists get funding? By researching a topic that is of interest to people who are then willing to pay you for your research. If there was no such thing as global warming then what would all the scientists do for a living? The topic du jour used to be overpopulation and research into third world countries, today it is global warming. I don't blame the scientists I too chase the might dollar. But I don't make up fairy tales and lies to further my career and get a raise. So for all of you that are buying the BS that the scientists are selling please consider their motivations. The scientists are just as self serving as you and I.

No comments: