Saturday, March 10, 2007

Meat is killing the earth!

I am so glad that we have organizations like PETA to clear the air (no pun intended) on global warming. It appears, contrary to popular myths, that the oil industry and the auto industry are not the leading culprit in global warming; the main culprit is the big bad MEAT INDUSTRY!

"In a groundbreaking 2006 report, the United Nations (U.N.) said that raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined."

I expect that Al Gore and his ilk are now converted vegans. Come on Al don't let me down now, I would be devastated to find out you were a hypocrite. No meat for you, Al!

" The most powerful step that we can take as individuals to avert global warming is to stop eating meat, eggs, and dairy products."

Sounds simple enough, why didn't I think of that?

1 comment:

Swift said...

How many million fewer buffalo are there on the prairies now than there were in 1850? I guess buffalo methane doesn't cause global warming.