Saturday, November 08, 2008

Bullying in the schools

Fifth grade teacher Diatha Harris decided it was appropriate to bully some of her young students because they supported John McCain.

"And by the way the person that you’re picking for president said that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to. So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years." (Click here for story.)

I wonder if she felt tough and superior as she belittled her young students. Completely shameful.

4 comments:

hunter said...

So, where is the Youtube tape they talk about? I would like to watch it and form my own opinion.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0FoDpt7z4

hunter said...

Thank you Jason. Well it's scary if that's what teachers are doing in the classroom. That poor little girl was totally intimidated.

Parents need to call them on it. The minute I found out my boys were made to watch "An Inconvenient Truth", I talked to their teacher and told them I better hear that they also watched "The Great Global Warming Swindle". Those teachers backed down real fast.

Anonymous said...

I heard the tape on Glenn Beck talk show on Fox on radio via my net. The guy who filmed the video in the classroom is a Finish gentleman from Finland.
Glenn has the video on his website.

I remember when a young man called into Lowell Green show said that he got a failing grade on his essay exam even though he knows without a doubt it deserves an A. Reason for that the professor being liberal is not interested in Conservative views.
Students are trained to have liberal views-conservatism is out of the question. Our relationship with our kids in schools is vital.
Some parents have no clue what their children are doing in the classrooms.